Discover up to 20 Species of Sleeping Birds at El Bosque Night Tour
- Adults 12+ years old
- Kids 5 to 11
- Nacionales All ages
El Bosque Night Tour is a guided tour in the forest at night with flashlights and a tour guide to help you spot sleeping birds and other animals. This is the only night tour in Monteverde that focuses primarily on birdwatching to see up to 20 species of sleeping birds.
First, you will start with a small introduction where you will be assigned a local tour guide.
Next, you will walk around the open areas of the property where the forest is lower. This is where you will spend about an hour finding birds sleeping in trees.
Then, you will enter the property’s nature trail system to explore and learn about this preservation area. This is where you will find a few more birds as well as some of the coolest insects (like walking sticks, tarantulas, and leafcutter ants), rare mammals (like porcupines, opossums, and olingos), and depending on the weather condition, you might even spot snakes and frogs all in their natural habitat.
Finally, you will head back to reception to wrap things up.
El Bosque Night Tour Prices
Don Rodolfo Night Tour is $20 for residents (all ages), $15 for foreign kids (5-11 years old), and $25 for foreign adults (12 and up). These rates do not include taxes or transportation.
Note For Solo Travelers: We need at least two customers to operate this tour. If you are a solo traveler and there is no one else on tour, we will need to charge your card the equivalent of 2 people.
- Entrance Fees
- Use of Flashlights
- Spanish and English Tour Guide
- Free Entrance to come back the next day to walk on the trails
- Food and Drinks are not included (but there is a restaurant)
- Ponchos and Rain Jackets are not included (but available for purchase)
- Small groups of 8 tourists max
- Unpaved nature trails with stairs and ramps
- Long Pants
- Hiking Shoes
- Poncho or Rain Jacket
- (Optional) Some cash to tip your tour guide
- Instant Confirmation will be sent to your email
- Not recommended for travelers with difficulty to walk
- Not recommended for travelers with other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions
- Please dress appropriately
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About El Bosque
El Bosque Nature Preserve is a 10 hectares (23 acres) property with a combination of primary, secondary forest, open areas, and fruit trees which attract some of the local wildlife, especially bids.
For More Information